Cow’s Milk Benefits
- Cow’s milk is highly rich in proteins, calcium and potassium content which are essential for the growth and development of the human body.
- Calcium from milk is highly effective against breast cancer. It also plays an essential role in blood clotting, muscle contraction, cell membrane function and blood pressure regulation
- The riboflavin (vitamin B2 and vitamin B12) content in cow’s milk is useful in the production of energy to the body. The vitamins are also useful in cardiovascular protection.
- Vitamin B12 plays a significant role in the production of red blood cells. It can prevent from anemia and helps in the full development of nerve cells. It also boosts the cells to metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- The iodine present in cow’s milk is of rich quantity, which is an integral component of thyroid hormones, triiodothyronine and thyroxine.
- Vitamin A present in cow’s milk is essential for the growth and development of epithelial and mucosal tissues. These tissues protect the body against toxins and invading organisms.
- One cup of cow’s milk provides up to 10.8% of the daily requirement of potassium for the body. Potassium is needed for the contraction of muscles, including the heart and is also necessary for nerves transmission.
- The calcium content in cow’s milk helps adults to lose weight, especially around midsection and is essential in preventing obesity in children.
- Cow’s milk is found to be helpful in fighting against gout, which is a common type of arthritis.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2018, February 14). Cow’s Milk Benefits. Medindia. Retrieved on May 22, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/cowsmilk_benefits.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Cow’s Milk Benefits". Medindia. May 22, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/cowsmilk_benefits.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Cow’s Milk Benefits". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/cowsmilk_benefits.htm. (accessed May 22, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Cow’s Milk Benefits. Medindia, viewed May 22, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/cowsmilk_benefits.htm.
Request an Appointment with a Doctor (Nutrition Expert)
1 year experience
Dt.Dharanya s clinic, Arul Nagar
1 year experience
Online mode, Porur