Conjunctivitis | Pink Eye - FAQs

1. Which doctor should I go to if I have conjunctivitis | Pink Eye?

You can consult a general physician or an Ophthalmologist.

2. How is infectious Conjunctivitis | Pink Eye treated?

Infectious conjunctivitis, caused by bacteria, is usually treated with antibiotic eye drops and/or ointment. Other infectious forms, caused by viruses, cant be treated with antibiotics.

3. What is Conjunctivitis?

Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the conjunctiva, a thin, transparent layer covering the surface of the inner eyelid and the front of the eye. It affects people of all ages.

4. What is Giant papillary Conjunctivitis (GPC) ?

Giant papillary conjunctivitis (GPC) is a form of allergic conjunctivitis most often seen in soft contact lens wearers. People with asthma, hay fever or animal allergies may be at greater risk. The cause of GPC is probably an allergic reaction to collected debris on contact lenses.


vijay57 Thursday, August 9, 2012

my eye sight is very weak i use the speccus pls tell me treatment of eye sight

sunny1 Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wear dark glasses if you have Pink ey and are going out in the sun, also have tissue paper as running eyes is common. Frequent hand washes as indicated in the article is very important to prevent infection from person to person.

Most Popular on Medindia