Complications in the mother due to Gestational diabetes
Gestational diabetic women belong to high- risk pregnancy group, hence should be monitored closely during the entire course of pregnancy upto couple of months after delivery. Some of the complications in diabetic women as compared to non-diabetics are Ė
- Spontaneous abortion
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Vaginal candidiasis
- Pregnancy- induced hypertension
- Hydramnios or excess amniotic fluid
- Chorio - amnitis, which is a type of infection of the chorion and the amniotic membranes of the placenta
- Prolonged labour, operative difficulties
- Post -puerperal sepsis, an infection upto 42 days after delivery
- Post partum hemorrhage, which is excess bleeding following delivery
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Ramya Ananthakrishnan. (2020, February 05). Complications in the Mother Due to Gestational Diabetes. Medindia. Retrieved on May 23, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/complication-gestational-diabetes-mother.htm.
Dr. Ramya Ananthakrishnan. "Complications in the Mother Due to Gestational Diabetes". Medindia. May 23, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/complication-gestational-diabetes-mother.htm>.
Dr. Ramya Ananthakrishnan. "Complications in the Mother Due to Gestational Diabetes". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/complication-gestational-diabetes-mother.htm. (accessed May 23, 2022).
Dr. Ramya Ananthakrishnan. 2021. Complications in the Mother Due to Gestational Diabetes. Medindia, viewed May 23, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/complication-gestational-diabetes-mother.htm.
Do you wish to consult an Obstetricians and Gynecologists (OB/GYN) for your problem? Ask your question
20 years experience
Sri Ram Hospital , Krishnarajapuram
12 years experience
apollo hospital, navi mumbai