Last Updated on Sep 25, 2014

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I see for clubfoot?

You should see a pediatric orthopedic surgeon. Physiotherapy also has a role in treating clubfoot.

2. How long should the treatment continue?

There are chances for the deformity to relapse even though it is corrected. So the child needs continuous check up and treatment throughout his growing age.

3. Can surgery be done immediately to the newborn baby, as soon as the clubfoot is detected?

No, surgery is done, only when the conservative treatment fails for the child. The child should be of sufficient size so that the structures like bones, tendons, ligaments, muscles can be identified, during surgery for correction. The right age for surgery is six months of age and above.

4. What happens if the clubfoot is left untreated?

If clubfoot is left untreated, the child's foot will be automatically turned inwards and the child will not be able to place his foot flat on the ground and finds difficult to walk. The child may begin to walk on the outer surface of the foot and the toes. This causes hardening of the skin and development of corns and ulcers over the outer border of the foot. Wearing shoes becomes difficult, and over a period of time it may become a crippling and unsightly condition.


Ravinder1430 Friday, May 29, 2015

my friend 20 years old, have club foot give me some suggestion please.

manishjaiswal1978 Saturday, November 1, 2014

My kid have club foot i started his treatment from his birth now is far better and he is 4 yrs old then before but now i am in chennai and it is almost impossible to go again U.P for his regular treatment there.

Is anybody know who is the best doctor for clubfoot in chennai.


HareeB Friday, November 9, 2012

I am looking for clubfoot treatment of my child to be born next year. Treatment will start 1 or 2 weeks after baby is born. Has anyone undergone treatment at CMC , vellore ?

fathima5 Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My son born with aclub foot,now he was 3 years old,we gave a treatment,like tenetomy,pop thebirthit self. but now his fore foot is started totwist,he is wearing a clubfoot shoe but our doctor is saying it will be like this what to do ,please give me asolution.

edsm1961 Friday, September 17, 2010

Where is there a Doctor that can put cussion in between the bones in the feet. My son has no Muscel from his knees down and he walks bone on bone. I am looking for a Doctor that can fix this he is 12 years old and they told me he would never walk but I got him walking about the age of 2.

Most Popular on Medindia