Clinical Trial and its Purpose
Clinical trials /
Clinical trials or research is done when there is some reason to believe that the treatment being studied may be valuable to the patient. Some of the questions answered by doing a clinical trial are:
- How helpful the treatment is?
- How does the experimental drug or new type of treatment work?
- If it works better than already existing treatment options?
- What are the side effects that occur as a result of the new treatment/ drug?
- How serious the side effects are when compared to standard treatment options?
- Do the benefits outweigh the side effects?
- Which groups of people are most likely to benefit from the new drug / treatment?
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Vanessa Jones. (2020, June 22). Clinical Trials | Drug Trials - Types Protocol Development and Approval FAQs . Medindia. Retrieved on Jan 27, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/clinicaltrials.htm.
Vanessa Jones. "Clinical Trials | Drug Trials - Types Protocol Development and Approval FAQs ". Medindia. Jan 27, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/clinicaltrials.htm>.
Vanessa Jones. "Clinical Trials | Drug Trials - Types Protocol Development and Approval FAQs ". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/clinicaltrials.htm. (accessed Jan 27, 2023).
Vanessa Jones. 2021. Clinical Trials | Drug Trials - Types Protocol Development and Approval FAQs . Medindia, viewed Jan 27, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/clinicaltrials.htm.
Latest Publications and Research on Clinical Trials
- Survey of Customers Requesting Medical Information: Preferences and Information Needs of Patients and Health Care Professionals to Support Treatment Decisions. - Published by PubMed
- The Power Derivative Principle, and Its Application to How and When to Perform a One-Shot Unblinded Reassessment Sample Size. - Published by PubMed
- Reasons for Premature Conclusion of Late Phase Clinical Trials: An Analysis of ClinicalTrials.gov Registered Phase III Trials. - Published by PubMed
- Adaptive Designs: Results of 2016 Survey on Perception and Use. - Published by PubMed
- Investigation of the Influencing Factors on the Incidence of Vertebral Fracture: A Meta-analysis Based on Placebo Data of Randomized Clinical Trials. - Published by PubMed