Last Updated on Feb 11, 2016

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for tooth decay in my child?

It is recommended to consult a pedodontist, for the treatment of tooth decay for your child.

2. How is a pedodontist different from a dentist?

A pedodontist specializes in treating dental problems in children. Pedodontists are well trained to treat various issues related to children’s dental health.

3. How often should a child visit a dentist?

A child should visit every six months, but depending on the child’s dental health more visits may be required.

4. What can cause cavities?

Our mouth has a lot of bacteria. When these bacteria come into contact with sugary foods, acids are produced. The acids decay the enamel-producing holes or cavities on the teeth surfaces.

5. My child is active in sports. What can I do to protect his teeth?

Mouth-guards are helpful for protecting teeth. Your child can use a custom-fitted mouth-guard or a full face helmet to protect teeth, cheeks, lips and gums during sports.

Most Popular on Medindia