You can visit your family doctor or a general physician.
No. Most patients can be treated at home and monitored by blood tests. Hospital care is required rarely if joints are involved or if there is complication.
3. How can Chikungunya be prevented?
The following measures can be adopted for the prevention of chikungunya-
- Elimination of stagnant water at home, schools and work place to avoid breeding of mosquitoes.
- Using insect repellents with substances such as DEET (N,N-diethyl-meta-toluamide; also known as N,N'-diethyl-3-methylbenzamide or NNDB), icaridin (also known as picaridin and KBR3023), PMD (p-menthane-3,8-diol, a substance derived from the lemon eucalyptus tree), or IR3535.
- Use of mosquito repellent cream on exposed skin
- Using mosquito screens or nets in non air-conditioned rooms.
- Wearing the long sleeved clothes like long trousers of a light shade for protection against mosquitoes
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Trupti Shirole. (2019, September 19). Chikungunya - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs . Medindia. Retrieved on Dec 09, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/chikungunya-faq.htm.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Chikungunya - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs ". Medindia. Dec 09, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/chikungunya-faq.htm>.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Chikungunya - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs ". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/chikungunya-faq.htm. (accessed Dec 09, 2022).
Dr. Trupti Shirole. 2021. Chikungunya - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs . Medindia, viewed Dec 09, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/chikungunya-faq.htm.
Do you wish to consult a General Medicine Doctor / Internal Medicine Doctor for your problem? Ask your question
3 years experience
2 years experience
4 years experience
2 years experience