Frequently Asked Questions
Visit a pediatrician or a gastro-enterologist in your area. Also consult a dietician.
2. How can I ensure I get the latest information about this condition?
Become a member of a support group. Example - medindia support group https://www.medindia.net/healthnetwork/support-groups/allergy/resources.htm
3. If my first degree relative has Celiac Disease what are my chances of having it too?
The chances are about 5 to 15%.
4. Is there a screening for Celiac disease?
Yes you can get screened for the disease by doing a blood test to check for antibodies.
5. What are the other common food allergies among children?
These include lactose food allergy – e.g milk, and dairy products. Other common food allergies are as follows
- Gluten or due to wheat
- egg whites
6. What are ‘Celiac Disease Support Group’ ?
Support groups are a group of people suffering from the same condition like yours. Over here you can find how to cope with day to day problems and discuss issues that you may not be able to discuss with your doctors. Many support groups now have their own websites. Celiac disease is one of the commonest conditions that are never discovered. If you think you or someone you know may have this condition, it would be worth joining these groups.