Frequently Asked Questions
The treatment of CSD is symptomatic. Hence the following group of doctors are employed in the treatment of CSD:
- Infectious disease specialist
- Ophthalmologist (in neuroretinitis)
- Neurologist (in encephalitis or seizures)
2. What is Parinaud oculoglandular syndrome?
It is a condition caused by conjunctival inoculation and ear inflammation (ipsilateral preauricular lymphadenitis).
3. When must an affected person see a doctor?
When enlarged lymph nodes are seen after exposure to a cat it is better to consult a doctor.
4. How can CSD be prevented?
Avoiding contact with cats, or washing hands thoroughly after playing with cats, can lessen the risk of infection.