Prognosis of Cardiomyopathy and Famous Patients
The outlook (prognosis) of Cardiomyopathy depends on a number of factors:
- Cause of the Cardiomyopathy
- Response to treatment
- Severity of the heart problem
- Type of Cardiomyopathy
Cardiomyopathy is a chronic condition and may get worse very quickly.
Some of the famous cases of Cardiomyopathy include:
- Nick Carter (Musician) Backstreet Boys
- Slash, guitarist for Guns N Roses
- Michael James Hegstrand aka Road Warrior Hawk an American professional wrestler
- Cecil Medicine, 23rd Ed.
- Harrison's PRINCIPLES OF INTERNAL MEDICINE, 17TH Edition
- Garlic Oil may Protect Against Cardiomyopathy in Diabetes Patients - (http://www.medindia.net/news/Garlic-Oil-may-Protect-Against-Cardiomyopathy-in-Diabetes-Patients-74723-1.htm)
- Link between enteroviruses and dilated cardiomyopathy: serological and molecular data - (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1025673/)