Marijuana is not addictive drug, but it is a habit-forming drug.
- Users of Cannabis become so habituated by the drug that it leads to a point where they must seek treatment to stop abusing it.
- The treatment is mainly taken up by many, more in the lines of the illegality of the drug rather than for any medical or health problem arising with its use.
- The treatment consists largely of supportive and symptomatic treatment, as the withdrawal syndrome for Cannabis is very mild.
- The treatment programs primarily concentrate on counseling and on group support systems, individual behavior and cognitive therapy.
- ‘Substance Abstinence Treatment Program’ (SAT) is a newer effective method of treatment.
- Treatment for Marijuana Abuse - (https://psychcentral.com/lib/treatment-for-marijuana-abuse/)
- Frequently Asked Questions About Marijuana - (https://www.hdap.org/marijuana-faqs)