Cannabis has a long history of medicinal, recreational, and industrial use and comes from a bushy plant, with thick sticky flowers, called Cannabis Sativa.
Cannabis or Hemp otherwise known as 'marijuana' or 'marihuana'.
- Cannabis is produced from dried leaves from the Hemp plant, 'Cannabis Sativa'.
- The active ingredients from this plant are called 'marijuana', or 'marihuana'.
- An interesting point about marihuana is that it makes some people lose focus on events around them, while it elevates the physical sensations in others.
- Cannabis is a drug that affects an individual by acting on the brain.
- 50 percent of the chemicals that make up Cannabis are the potent 'cannabinoids', of which the most active is D-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (D9-THC).
- Traveling through the blood stream the chemicals bind to specific receptors in the brain causing changes in the nerve cells resulting in specific effects.
- Marihuana 'high' is felt as the THC reaches the brain through the blood within 5 minutes of intake, and the effect may last up to 5 hours.
What is New in Cannabis?
If a person is only used to smoking marijuana (weed) chances are that that person may later end up smoking cigarettes, finds a new study. According to the researchers, cannabis use is associated with an increased initiation of cigarette smoking among non-cigarette smokers.
Read more >
- Treatment for Marijuana Abuse - (https://psychcentral.com/lib/treatment-for-marijuana-abuse/)
- Frequently Asked Questions About Marijuana - (https://www.hdap.org/marijuana-faqs)
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Vivekanand. (2018, March 31). Cannabis. Medindia. Retrieved on May 29, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/cannabis.htm.
Dr. Vivekanand. "Cannabis". Medindia. May 29, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/cannabis.htm>.
Dr. Vivekanand. "Cannabis". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/cannabis.htm. (accessed May 29, 2023).
Dr. Vivekanand. 2018. Cannabis. Medindia, viewed May 29, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/cannabis.htm.
Latest Publications and Research on Cannabis
- Marijuana Use and Potential Implications of Marijuana Legalization. - Published by PubMed
- Suicide among people treated for drug use disorders: a Danish national record-linkage study. - Published by PubMed
- Cannabinoids in the descending pain modulatory circuit: Role in inflammation. - Published by PubMed
- The association between legalisation of cannabis use and traffic deaths in Uruguay. - Published by PubMed
- Adolescent cannabis exposure increases heroin reinforcement in rats genetically vulnerable to addiction. - Published by PubMed
i am from Australia and i want the tablet name in Australia is SIVOLDI FOR hepatitis C patient . i want the same pill in generic,84 pill. i want in Chennai ,if any body send me email or phone or add of place that i got these tablet.
This article has successfully highlighted all possible negative effects. But there are scientific articles which claims cannabis to be one of the most medically useful plant in earth which can be used to treat/supplement the treatment of variety of diseases such as incurable epilepsy, cancer/tumours, CNS disorders, MS, auto-immune diseases, depression and even as a household treatment for pain. Which makes me believe this is a highly biased article propagating propaganda . Hi, doctors, double check the facts you know, pledge to give patients a better treatment when possible. Please correct me if I am wrong.
hi random internetical people
hi everyone whos going to read this in the future. i just wanted to say....HELLO PEOPLE OF THE INTERNET! thank you for listening