Frequently asked questions

1. Which specialist should I see if I have Burns?

You should immediately consult a general physician / general surgeon.

2. What is the prognosis of burn injury?

It can be roughly calculated by adding the patients age + percentage of body area having full thickness burns and if the total value exceeds 100, the patient's chance of survival is low.

3. Can Ink help burns?

No, always use cold water only.


ganzi Thursday, May 27, 2010

hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question but nonetheless, I hope people are generous enough to help. I was playing basketball and developed a water blister. I didn't pop/remove the outer-skin because A. I wanted to see what happens, and B. sheer laziness. However, after a day, the skin(the outer skin of the blister) turned black, and I feared they had died. So I removed them and put a band-aid over it. Did I take all the necessary precautions? If anyone has any sort of recommendations, please comment below.
BTW, I never saw blisters turning black before... it was quite alarming. Oh, and after I removed the top blackened skin, there was no bleeding or anything, just brownish residue I believe to be skin cells.

Do you wish to consult Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon for your problem? Ask your question

Most Popular on Medindia