Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for Bronchiectasis?

If you suffer from recurrent respiratory infections or have noticed other symptoms of bronchiectasis it would be best to consult your general physician. The symptoms can easily be mistaken and confused with other conditions that affect the lungs making an accurate diagnosis all the more important. Your doctor will be able to make a diagnosis and will recommend the necessary tests to confirm his diagnosis. If necessary, he will then refer you to a specialist.

2. Is bronchiectasis contagious?

Bronchiectasis itself is not contagious as the condition results from damaged lungs or, to be more precise, the airways of the lungs. Respiratory infections like tuberculosis and whooping cough however, which can cause bronchiectasis, are contagious and anyone with a weakened immune system should exercise caution

Most Popular on Medindia