Insufficient supply of Breast milk
This is sometimes a problem in mothers who tend to be under lot of stress and find it hard to relax. A let down reflex is necessary to get the milk supply going, and sometimes this reflex is slow. If there is sufficient supply, the baby tends to demand frequent feeds may continually suck his or her hand and will be slow in gaining weight. Remember there is always some milk present in the breasts.
What should be done to treat this?
- Try to practice relaxation techniques.
- Express the breasts after feeds because the emptier the breasts, the more the production of milk.
- Make sure to get adequate rest.
- Change nursing positions.
- Consult a doctor if problems persist.