Blood group diet is a beneficial diet plan that is gaining popularity worldwide. If you are planning on losing weight and looking for some diet plans, blood group diet may come in handy. This diet, invented by Dr. Peter D'Adamo, helps to reduce weight. In his book 'Eat right for your type', Dr D'Adamo suggests the diets that can be followed by an individual as per his blood group.
The chemical reaction to digest the food begins soon after the ingestion of the food. This reaction takes place between lectin (the sugar-binding proteins) present in the food and the blood. This reaction has direct effect on body organs. However, all lectins are not hazardous - their function depends on the compatibility with your blood antigen. Incompatible lectins react with your blood and cause health problems.
According to Dr D’Adamo, 'A single drop of blood contains a biochemical make up as unique as your fingerprint. Your blood type is a key to unlocking the secrets to your biochemical individuality. Foods and supplements contain lectins that interact with your cells depending on your blood type. This explains why some nutrients which are beneficial to one blood type, may be harmful to the cells of another.'
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Divya Sanglikar. (2018, June 30). Blood Group Diet. Medindia. Retrieved on Dec 02, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/blood-group-diet.htm.
Divya Sanglikar. "Blood Group Diet". Medindia. Dec 02, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/blood-group-diet.htm>.
Divya Sanglikar. "Blood Group Diet". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/blood-group-diet.htm. (accessed Dec 02, 2022).
Divya Sanglikar. 2021. Blood Group Diet. Medindia, viewed Dec 02, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/blood-group-diet.htm.
Latest Publications and Research on Blood Group Diet
- Maize extract rich in ferulic acid and anthocyanins prevents high-fat-induced obesity in mice by modulating SIRT1, AMPK and IL-6 associated metabolic and inflammatory pathways. - Published by PubMed
- Efficacy of therapeutic lifestyle changes on lipid profiles assessed by NMR in children with familial and non-familial hypercholesterolemia. - Published by PubMed
- [Efficacy of combined antibacterial-prebiotic therapy in combination with D-mannose in women with uncomplicated lower urinary tract infection]. - Published by PubMed
- Immunostimulatory and antioxidant effects of supplemental feeding with macroalga Sargassum spp. on goat kids. - Published by PubMed
- Fluctuation of biochemical, immunological, and antioxidant biomarkers in the blood of beluga (Huso huso) under effect of dietary ZnO and chitosan-ZnO NPs. - Published by PubMed
Request an Appointment with a Doctor (Nutrition Expert)
1 year experience
Online mode, Porur, Chennai
30 years experience
Pro Health Diet Clinic, Sector 37-C, Chandigarh
2 years experience
Aarogyam Fitness, Kadugodi,Whitefield, Bengaluru Urban
10 years experience