Diet for Blood Group A
People with blood group A are prone to heart disease, cancer or diabetes. Diet for blood group A should essentially consist of fresh vegetables and fruits. You will be naturally lean if you follow healthy vegetarian diet. Consumption of non-vegetarian food will lead to sluggish metabolism and weight loss. Type A has low stomach acidity and slow digestion power. So, it is advisable that you go for vegetarian diet. Your diet must include variety of nuts and oil seeds and legumes/pulses in the diet. Fresh vegetables are the source of nutrients for type A people. Milk and dairy products may slow down your system.
Follow the diet tips mention below if you are blood group A person:
- Include in daily diet:
- Chicken / fish / yoghurt
- Flax seed / olive / peanut / pumpkin
- All beans and legumes
- Wheat in moderation / rice / pasta / bread / oat / rye
- Garlic / onion /broccoli / carrot / kale / pumpkin / spinach
- Berries / plums / prunes / figs / pineapple / grapefruit / lemon
- Tamrind / meso / soy sauce / ginger
- Coffee in moderation
- Avoid in daily diet:
- beef / pork / some fish like – shrimps / oyster
- Corn / cotton / peanut / sesame / brazil nuts / cashew / pistachio
- Kidney beans/ red beans
- Whole wheat
- Pepper / olive / sweet potato / yam
- Melons / banana / cantaloupe / coconut
- Ketchup / mayonnaise / pickle
- Do deep breathing / calming exercises to maintain your health.
- Chew food properly to improve digestibility.
- Do regular screening for heart disease and cancer.