Diet for Blood Group A
People with blood group A are prone to heart disease, cancer or diabetes. Diet for blood group A should essentially consist of fresh vegetables and fruits. You will be naturally lean if you follow healthy vegetarian diet. Consumption of non-vegetarian food will lead to sluggish metabolism and weight loss. Type A has low stomach acidity and slow digestion power. So, it is advisable that you go for vegetarian diet. Your diet must include variety of nuts and oil seeds and legumes/pulses in the diet. Fresh vegetables are the source of nutrients for type A people. Milk and dairy products may slow down your system.
Type A Called the agrarian, or cultivator. People who are type A should eat a diet rich in plants, and completely free of “toxic” red meat. This closely resembles a vegetarian diet.
If you are a blood group A person, do check out the diet tips below:
Include in daily diet:
- Chicken / fish / yoghurt
- Flax seed / olive / peanut / pumpkin
- All beans and legumes
- Wheat in moderation / rice / pasta / bread / oat / rye
- Garlic / onion /broccoli / carrot / kale / pumpkin / spinach
- Berries / plums / prunes / figs / pineapple / grapefruit / lemon
- Tamrind / meso / soy sauce / ginger
- Coffee in moderation
Avoid in daily diet:
- beef / pork / some fish like – shrimps / oyster
- Corn / cotton / peanut / sesame / brazil nuts / cashew / pistachio
- Kidney beans/ red beans
- Whole wheat
- Pepper / olive / sweet potato / yam
- Melons / banana / cantaloupe / coconut
- Ketchup / mayonnaise / pickle
Health Tips for Blood Group A
- Do deep breathing / calming exercises to maintain your health.
- Chew food properly to improve digestibility.
- Do regular screening for heart disease and cancer.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Divya Sanglikar. (2023, October 11). Diet for Blood Group A. Medindia. Retrieved on Dec 10, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/blood-group-diet-group-a.htm.
Divya Sanglikar. "Diet for Blood Group A". Medindia. Dec 10, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/blood-group-diet-group-a.htm>.
Divya Sanglikar. "Diet for Blood Group A". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/blood-group-diet-group-a.htm. (accessed Dec 10, 2023).
Divya Sanglikar. 2023. Diet for Blood Group A. Medindia, viewed Dec 10, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/blood-group-diet-group-a.htm.
Request an Appointment with a Doctor (Nutrition Expert)
1 year experience
2 years experience
13 years experience
3 years experience