Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which specialist treats Baker’s cyst?

An Orthopaedic surgeon should be consulted for its treatment.

2. When should I consult the doctor?

If the cyst is causing pain and restriction of knee movement, it is best to consult the doctor.

3. Is the steroid injection in the cyst safe?

One injection can give relief to the pain due to the cyst or associated arthritis.

4. What are the results of arthroscopy for Baker’s Cyst?

While no surgery can give 100% guarantee of cure but in 95% of cases there is no recurrence of the cyst after its excision.

Most Popular on Medindia