Last Updated on Feb 20, 2014

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I contact in case I have ear-related problems?

You should consult a specialist in Ear, Nose and Throat (E.N.T) if you have symptoms such as difficulty with hearing, ringing in one ear, or dizziness.

2. What are the other names for Acoustic Neuroma?

Other names for acoustic neuroma are vestibular schwannoma, cerebellopontine angle tumor and angle tumor.

3. If I suffer from Acoustic Neuroma, will my children also suffer from the same problem?

A form of acoustic neuroma associated with neurofibromatosis type II (NF2) is may be inherited. No hard and fast rules exist, however.

4. Is Acoustic Neuroma a Cancer?

No. It is not a cancer and doesn’t spread to other parts of the body.

Most Popular on Medindia