Frequently Asked Questions1. Which doctor should I consult if I have athlete's foot?
You can consult a dermatologist for your problem.
2. Does athlete’s foot infection recur?
Yes, it can recur even after completely healing.
3. What can I do to prevent athlete’s foot?
Preventive measures of athlete’s foot include-
- Good personal hygiene.
- Anti-fungal powders may be used as a preventive measure if a person is susceptible to athlete's foot.
- Drying the feet thoroughly after bathing or swimming has been shown to be the best means to prevent the disorder.
- Avoid socks made of synthetic materials, because they can retain moisture against the skin.
- Change the socks as frequently as needed to keep the feet dry on a daily basis. Shoes should be well ventilated and preferably of natural material such as leather, if feet perspire greatly.
- Dry your toes thoroughly after bath and try to spend time with bare feet when you can.
- Wear sandals or shoes when walking on moist or wet floors.
- Don't share shoes or personal care items such as towels.
4. What are the complications of athlete’s foot?
- Recurrence of the infection
- Secondary bacterial infections
- Nail infection
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Trupti Shirole. (2021, July 28). Athletes Foot - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's . Medindia. Retrieved on May 16, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/athletes-foot-faq.htm.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Athletes Foot - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's ". Medindia. May 16, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/athletes-foot-faq.htm>.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Athletes Foot - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's ". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/athletes-foot-faq.htm. (accessed May 16, 2022).
Dr. Trupti Shirole. 2021. Athletes Foot - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ's . Medindia, viewed May 16, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/athletes-foot-faq.htm.