Frequently Asked Questions
You can consult a dermatologist for your problem.
2. Does athlete’s foot infection recur?
Yes, it can recur even after completely healing.
3. What can I do to prevent athlete’s foot?
Preventive measures of athlete’s foot include-
- Good personal hygiene.
- Anti-fungal powders may be used as a preventive measure if a person is susceptible to athlete's foot.
- Drying the feet thoroughly after bathing or swimming has been shown to be the best means to prevent the disorder.
- Avoid socks made of synthetic materials, because they can retain moisture against the skin.
- Change the socks as frequently as needed to keep the feet dry on a daily basis. Shoes should be well ventilated and preferably of natural material such as leather, if feet perspire greatly.
- Dry your toes thoroughly after bath and try to spend time with bare feet when you can.
- Wear sandals or shoes when walking on moist or wet floors.
- Don't share shoes or personal care items such as towels.
4. What are the complications of athlete’s foot?
- Recurrence of the infection
- Secondary bacterial infections
- Nail infection