Last Updated on Oct 19, 2016

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for ascariasis?

Ascariasis is usually treated by a general physician.

2. My son has a normal healthy appetite; still he remains underweight & malnourished. Should I be concerned?

Round worm infection is a very common ailment in children of growing age. It can remain asymptomatic without eliciting any sign or symptom. But in the intestine, it tends to feed on your child’s nutrition, interferes with absorption and the child becomes anemic, underweight & malnourished in spite of a normal healthy appetite. Therefore, periodic de-worming is recommended in children.

Most Popular on Medindia