A physician or a general surgeon is usually the one who is first consulted for appendicitis. Emergency Room admissions are very common due to the severe pain associated with the condition.
2. In what age group do you frequently see the occurrence of appendicitis?
Appendicitis is frequently observed between the ages of 10 and 30 years.
3. What is the misdiagnosis rate of appendicitis?
The misdiagnosis rate is 12%-30%.
4. What is false-negative appendectomy?
Diagnosing appendicitis even though the condition is not appendicitis, is called false-negative appendectomy.
5. Does diet prevent appendicitis?
To date, there is no evidence that diet can prevent or treat appendicitis.
6. What is stump appendectomy?
This is a rare complication of appendectomy when there is inflammation in the remaining appendix following the surgery.