Simple Tips to Slow Aging
1. Sunny side down- Treat the sun with respect. Never step outside without applying sunscreen. If you are sensitive to sunlight wear protective clothing and use accessories such as gloves, hats or and umbrellas while stepping out.
2. For that glowing skin-Follow the Cleaning-Toning-Moisturizing (CTM) skin care regimen religiously. Exfoliate by using a gentle scrub once or twice a week. Refrain from using harsh soaps, as they tend to rob your skin of moisture. Use a herbal face pack once a week. It is important to begin early to keep those wrinkles in check.
3. You are WHAT you EAT! To a large extent your diet determines the rate at which you age. Make sure you eat balanced meals. Steer clear of junk food and high- calorie items if you are interested in retaining a youthful look.
4. You are HOW you EAT!.Nothing can be worse than wolfing down food without appreciating it! Relish your meal and eat it slowly by chewing it well. Take at least 20 minutes to finish a meal. This will ease digestion, lower stress and will make sure that the food that you ate works in your favor.
5. Rainbow of youth - Go green everyday-make sure you include fresh leafy vegetables. Go for bright colored vegetables and fruits as they will provide the much- needed anti oxidants.
6. Water, water and more! Drink 8-10 glasses of water every day to keep yourself hydrated and wrinkle –free.
7. Kick the butt if you don’t want those wrinkles mocking at you from the mirror.
8. Stretch those legs regularly to ensure that you stay fit and fine. Walking, or doing moderate exercises regularly, for at least 30 minutes each day, will slow down aging.
9. Posture perfect - It pays to be rod ram straight! Maintain correct posture to stop the stoop. Also remember to walk with your head straight if you do not want a premature double chin.
10. Bust the stress - Stress robs us of our youth by contributing to wrinkles and premature graying. It affects overall health and well being. It is important to identify the cause and work towards busting the stress. Be a master of your emotions and not a slave to them. Steer clear of negative thoughts and practice relaxation techniques to beat stress.
11. Laugh to stay young!It is well known that humor heals and rejeuvenates. Laugh more to live long.
12. Fight Age with forty winks -It is all very well to follow a skin care routine but did you know that sleep is an important part of skin care? As your body ages you need 8 hours of sound rest to rejuvenate and recover from the damages imposed during the day. So make sure you grab those forty winks everyday!
13. Detox- Your skin condition is an indicator of your general health. If there is an accumulation of toxins in your body it will be reflected on your skin. 8-12 glasses of water a day and a detox diet once a week will flush out the harmful toxins from your body. Follow a detox routine to achieve a flawless, satin - smooth skin.
14. Rock and Romp- An active sex life is linked with better health, a heightened sense of well being, and a longer life. Sex triggers the release of endorphins in the brain and generates a natural ‘high’. A good round of sex also burns calories. All this possibly explains why you ‘feel good’ after sex. No matter what your age, rock and romp to look young and feel good!
15. Your brainis a muscle. Use it or lose it!
Ultimately it is all in the mind. Your attitude determines your altitude – so instead of being fixated on looking young, go about working on feeling young.