Iron Deficiency Anemia In Pregnancy
- Inadequate diet intake
- Iron loss due heavy menstrual bleeding
- Previous pregnancy
- Poor absorption- only 10% is absorbed normally.
- Continuous loss of blood in conditions like hookworm infection or malaria
- Increased iron demand during pregnancy -
|Fetus and placenta||300mg|
|Maternal Hb mass expansion||500mg|
|Loss in urine/sweat/gut||200mg|
|Loss during delivery||150-200mg|
It is confirmed on the following blood levels -
- Decreased serum iron and ferritin
- Increased serum transferri
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Trupti Shirole. (2019, July 11). Iron Deficiency Anemia In Pregnancy - Causes - Diagnosis. Medindia. Retrieved on Jan 30, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/anemia-in-pregnancy-iron-folate-deficiency-iron.htm.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Iron Deficiency Anemia In Pregnancy - Causes - Diagnosis". Medindia. Jan 30, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/anemia-in-pregnancy-iron-folate-deficiency-iron.htm>.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Iron Deficiency Anemia In Pregnancy - Causes - Diagnosis". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/anemia-in-pregnancy-iron-folate-deficiency-iron.htm. (accessed Jan 30, 2023).
Dr. Trupti Shirole. 2021. Iron Deficiency Anemia In Pregnancy - Causes - Diagnosis. Medindia, viewed Jan 30, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/anemia-in-pregnancy-iron-folate-deficiency-iron.htm.
Latest Publications and Research on Iron & Folate Deficiency Anemia In Pregnancy
- Mineral carbonation of sedimentary mine waste for carbon sequestration and potential reutilization as cementitious material. - Published by PubMed
- Prevalence of endocrine complications in transfusion dependent thalassemia in Hospital Pulau Pinang: A pilot study. - Published by PubMed
- Preparation of new materials by ethylene glycol modification and Al(OH)3 coating NZVI to remove sulfides in water. - Published by PubMed
- Adsorption of Cr(VI) on Al-substituted hematites and its reduction and retention in the presence of Fe2+ under conditions similar to subsurface soil environments. - Published by PubMed
- Predictors of urinary and blood Metal(loid) concentrations among pregnant women in Northern Puerto Rico. - Published by PubMed
Do you wish to consult an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (OB/GYN) for your problem? Ask your question
30 years experience
4 years experience
Punarjjani womens health hospital , Ernakulam
5 years experience
38 years experience
SANTATI, Arvind Hospital, Near Khuda Bukax Khan Library, Patna