Treatment and Prevention of Amnesia
- Alzheimer’s disease/ Dementia-related amnesia will benefit from appropriate medication and tender care
- A person who has developed amnesia due to trauma is likely to benefit from sedation, psychotherapy, medications that include Amytal (sodium amobarbital) and, lots of affection.
- Alcoholism / malnutrition-related amnesia can be addressed by abstinence in the case of former and proper nutrition in the event of the latter.
- Concussion–related amnesia needs medication and rest
- Transient Global Amnesia (TGA) can be managed by avoiding the triggering activity. Some doctors recommend the use of aspirin to increase blood flow. This is based on some claims that a reduced blood flow causes memory loss.
Prevention of amnesia is not possible in all the cases; however, amnesia caused by a brain injury can be minimized by wearing a helmet, using automobile seat belts, and avoiding drunken driving. In case of brain infections, strokes, brain aneurysms, or transient ischemic attacks the patient must be given immediate medical attention.(5✔)
- United states of amnesia: rescuing memory loss from diverse conditions - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5992608/)
- Amnesia - An Overview - (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amnesia#Types)
- What Causes Amnesia? - (https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/psychpedia/amnesia)
- Amnesia / Memory Loss - (https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/amnesia)
- Amnesia - Health Library - (https://www.winchesterhospital.org/health-library/article?id=917219)