Last Updated on Jun 18, 2021

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which Doctor Should I Consult for Altitude Sickness?

If you’re worried about altitude sickness seeking medical care may not always be an option because treatment should be administered swiftly. If you do have access to medical care any medical professional would be able to help including your general physician. If there is a risk of severe altitude sickness, hospitalization is mandatory.

2. Can I take any medication to prevent altitude sickness?

While medications can help to prevent motion sickness, medications aren’t recommended as the first approach to altitude sickness. There are other ways to prevent altitude sickness however and you should follow the recommended safety procedures. If acclimatization is not possible for any reason such as due to your direct arrival at a high altitude zone via a flight, you may require medications like acetazolamide.

Do you wish to consult Emergency Medicine Doctor for your problem? Ask your question

Most Popular on Medindia