Air conditioners should be regularly maintained to prevent being a health hazard.
Air conditioners are a basic necessity in every household today. With global warming increasing the temperatures every month, it is not easy to stay indoors without a perfect cooling system. An air conditioner is a major home appliance today across the world to change the temperature and humidity levels inside a room. But if not taken care, it can pose serious health issues in people of all age groups. It is important to know about these issues and act accordingly before it is too late.
If we look at the positive side, air conditioners are actually beneficial for people who suffer from conditions like heat stroke. They filter dust and pollen from the air with the help of filtration, humidification, cooling and disinfection, and provide us cleaner and safer air to breathe. Hence, they are beneficial for the asthma and dust allergy patients. However, if the air conditioner is ill-maintained, it can pose health problems to similar patients. An unclean filter harbors pollen and dust over time and can harm patients as well as healthy people
The only way to prevent such health issues is to regularly check and clean the air conditioners. It is necessary to check the run-time, foul odor or water leakage from the air conditioner. It is a must to change the filter of the air conditioner after every few months. It is necessary to keep the use of air conditioner under control and moderation to save ourselves from health hazards.
- Air Conditioners and Health Issues - (http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/32391/home_improvement/ air_conditioners_and_health_issues.html)
- The Hidden Hazards Of Air Conditioners - (http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Hidden-Hazards-Of-Air-Conditioners&id=266708)
- Mold Classes & Classes of Mold-Related Illness - (http://www.inspectapedia.com/sickhouse/moldclasses.htm)
- Problems Caused by a Dirty Air Conditioner Filter - (http://www.ehow.com/facts_7653739_ac-air-filter-dirty.html)
- How to Remove Smells From Your Air Conditioner - (http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-remove-smells-from-your-air-conditioner)
Latest Publications and Research on Air Conditioner Health Hazards
- Air Quality Index and air quality awareness among adults in the United States. - Published by PubMed
- Investigation of the chemical components of ambient fine particulate matter (PM2.5) associated with in vitro cellular responses to oxidative stress and inflammation. - Published by PubMed
- Ambient fine particulate matter and hospital admissions for ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes and transient ischemic attack in 248 Chinese cities. - Published by PubMed
- NaOH-induced formation of 3D flower-sphere BiOBr/Bi4O5Br2 with proper-oxygen vacancies via in-situ self-template phase transformation method for antibiotic photodegradation. - Published by PubMed
- Estimating health burden and economic loss attributable to short-term exposure to multiple air pollutants in China. - Published by PubMed
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Krishna Bora. (2014, June 18). Air Conditioner Health Hazards. Medindia. Retrieved on May 18, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/air-conditioner-health-hazards.htm.
Krishna Bora. "Air Conditioner Health Hazards". Medindia. May 18, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/air-conditioner-health-hazards.htm>.
Krishna Bora. "Air Conditioner Health Hazards". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/air-conditioner-health-hazards.htm. (accessed May 18, 2022).
Krishna Bora. 2021. Air Conditioner Health Hazards. Medindia, viewed May 18, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/air-conditioner-health-hazards.htm.
Do you wish to consult a Radiologist for your problem? Ask your question
11 years experience
Shukla hospital - Ultrasound and Diagnostic Centre, Dharamshala