Seizures can be controlled with the standard procedures and medicines.
Adequate care should be given to the method of feeding and to the type of diet consumed. This is to maintain the adequate intake of calories for proper development.
Appropriate treatment of chest complications and physiotherapy is another way of managing the complications that arise due to lung infections in Aicardi-Goutieres Syndrome.
Genetic counseling is recommended in high-risk families to ascertain the presence of carriers of gene mutations.
Infants should be monitored at regular intervals for the risk of glaucoma, diabetes mellitus, and the improper development of the spine.
- Aicardi-Goutières syndrome - (http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/aicardi-goutieres-syndrome)
- About Aicardi-Goutieres Syndrome - (http://ulf.org/aicardi-goutieres-syndrome)
- S. Orcesi, R. La Piana, E. Fazzi. Aicardi–Goutières syndrome. Br Med Bull. 2009;89(1): 183-201.
- Read More About Aicardi-Goutières Syndrome - (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1475/)
- Crow YJ et al. Therapies in Aicardi-Goutieres Syndrome. Clin Exp Immunol. 2014;175(1):1-8.