Last Updated on Apr 22, 2015

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for Aicardi-Goutieres Syndrome?

When the baby shows the typical symptoms of seizures, irritability, erratic sleep patterns, the family physician should be consulted. Based on the symptoms and diagnosis, the baby will be referred to a neurologist.

2. What are the different terms for Aicardi-Goutieres Syndrome?

Cree encephalitis; AGS; familial infantile encephalopathy with chronic cerebrospinal fluid lymphocytosis and intracranial calcification; pseuodtoxoplasmosis syndrome; encephalopathy with basal ganglia classification; pseudo-TORCH syndrome

3. What is the life expectancy of Aicardi-Goutieres Syndrome?

Around 25% of the individuals with Aicardi-Goutieres Syndrome die before the age of 17 years.

Most Popular on Medindia