Frequently Asked Questions
- Cushing’s syndrome can occur at any age. It arises most often in adults between the ages of 20 and 50 years old. Women are five times more likely to be affected than men.
- CAH affects both genders equally. People of Ashkenazi Jewish, Hispanic, and Italian heritages are more commonly affected than others.
- Pheochromocytoma can occur at any age, but are most commonly found in middle age.
- Addison’s disease affects men and women of all ages.
- Up to 20% of the world’s population have pituitary tumours; most are not cancerous.
2. Whom should I consult?
Adrenal gland disorders require a multispecialty involvement. An expert in Internal Medicine can diagnose and control the ailment; the help of a surgeon is often required if indicated (e.g. a pituitary).