Q: What are the risk factors or who are at risk of adrenal gland disorders?
- Cushing’s syndrome can occur at any age. It arises most often in adults between the ages of 20 and 50 years old. Women are five times more likely to be affected than men.
- CAH affects both genders equally. People of Ashkenazi Jewish, Hispanic, and Italian heritages are more commonly affected than others.
- Pheochromocytoma can occur at any age, but are most commonly found in middle age.
- Addison’s disease affects men and women of all ages.
- Up to 20% of the world’s population have pituitary tumours; most are not cancerous.
Q: Whom should I consult?
A: Adrenal gland disorders require a multispecialty involvement. An expert in Internal Medicine can diagnose and control the ailment; the help of a surgeon is often required if indicated (e.g. a pituitary).
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Nithin Jayan. (2014, March 17). Adrenal Gland Disorders - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs . Medindia. Retrieved on Oct 02, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/adrenal-gland-disorders-faqs.htm.
Dr. Nithin Jayan. "Adrenal Gland Disorders - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs ". Medindia. Oct 02, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/adrenal-gland-disorders-faqs.htm>.
Dr. Nithin Jayan. "Adrenal Gland Disorders - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs ". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/adrenal-gland-disorders-faqs.htm. (accessed Oct 02, 2023).
Dr. Nithin Jayan. 2014. Adrenal Gland Disorders - Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs . Medindia, viewed Oct 02, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/adrenal-gland-disorders-faqs.htm.
Do you wish to consult a General Medicine Doctor / Internal Medicine Doctor for your problem? Ask your question
1 year experience
10 years experience
Medcare Clinic , Nolambur, Chennai
1 year experience
3 years experience