Exercise and Low Fat milk
For adults, low fat milk is an effective recovery drink refueling exhausted muscles after exercise because:
- Milk helps build bone mass and maintains bone density.
- The protein in milk contains the essential amino acids for building and maintaining the lean body mass.
- Milk provides essential electrolytes like potassium crucial to regulate the balance of fluids in the body, muscle activity and contractions.
- The B-vitamins such as B-12, niacin and riboflavin present in milk are necessary to convert food to energy for exercising muscles.
- Milk, containing 90% water, keeps the athlete hydrated.