Mouth-to-mouth rescue breathing
Mouth-to-mouth rescue breathing is the quickest way to get oxygen into a person's lungs when a patient is not breathing.
It is professionally very important to alternate with chest compressions and rescue breathing while performing CPR, the ratio of which is dependent on the victim's age.
However, it is recommended that the rescue breathing step be skipped by persons with lack of expertise as any distraction while performing unfamiliar breathing techniques, can result in the loss of valuable lifesaving minutes. It is therefore appropriate to proceed with chest compressions alone in such cases.(3✔ ✔Trusted Source
Emergencies and First Aid - Mouth-to-Mouth Resuscitation
Go to source)
- Road Traffic Injuries - (https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/road-traffic-injuries)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation: New Concept - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3475464/)
- Emergencies and First Aid - Mouth-to-Mouth Resuscitation - (https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/emergencies-and-first-aid-mouth-to-mouth-resuscitation)
- CPR Steps - (https://www.redcross.org/take-a-class/cpr/performing-cpr/cpr-steps)
- Bleeding - (https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/bleeding)
- Bone Fractures - (https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/bone-fractures)
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2020, August 09). Trauma Care - Mouth-to-Mouth Rescue Breathing. Medindia. Retrieved on May 26, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/trauma_careofairways_mouthtomouth.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Trauma Care - Mouth-to-Mouth Rescue Breathing". Medindia. May 26, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/trauma_careofairways_mouthtomouth.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Trauma Care - Mouth-to-Mouth Rescue Breathing". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/trauma_careofairways_mouthtomouth.htm. (accessed May 26, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Trauma Care - Mouth-to-Mouth Rescue Breathing. Medindia, viewed May 26, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/trauma_careofairways_mouthtomouth.htm.
Do you wish to consult an Emergency Medicine Doctor for your problem? Ask your question
8 years experience
Srinivasa Hospital, Austin Town
+ 1 more