General Info about Tetanus
The master of a large ship mashed the index finger of his right hand with the anchor. Seven days later a somewhat foul discharge appeared; then trouble with his tongue--he complained he could not speak properly. The presence of tetanus was diagnosed, his jaws became pressed together, his teeth were locked, then symptoms appeared in his neck: on the third day opisthotonos appeared with sweating. Six days after the diagnosis was made he died. - Huth, Edward J.
Latest Publications and Research on Tetanus
- Isolation and characterization of new human carrier peptides from two important vaccine immunogens. - Published by PubMed
- Coverage rates of the children vaccination programme in Greenland. - Published by PubMed
- Formulation and preclinical studies with a trivalent rotavirus P2-VP8 subunit vaccine. - Published by PubMed
- ACUTE POSTERIOR MULTIFOCAL PLACOID PIGMENT EPITHELIOPATHY AFTER IMMUNIZATION WITH MULTIPLE VACCINES. - Published by PubMed
- Seroprotection rate in adults after 1-dose, 2-dose, and 3-dose series of a reduced-diphtheria-tetanus toxoid vaccine (Td) during a diphtheria outbreak in Thailand. - Published by PubMed
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2014, September 06). Tetanus - Causes Symptoms Diagnosis Treatment FAQs. Medindia. Retrieved on May 21, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/tetanus.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Tetanus - Causes Symptoms Diagnosis Treatment FAQs". Medindia. May 21, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/tetanus.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Tetanus - Causes Symptoms Diagnosis Treatment FAQs". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/tetanus.htm. (accessed May 21, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Tetanus - Causes Symptoms Diagnosis Treatment FAQs. Medindia, viewed May 21, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/tetanus.htm.