Salmonellosis - Prevention
Cleanliness is the key to prevent Salmonellosis.
There are no preventive vaccines available. Therefore the following measures may be adopted to prevent the infection -
- Do not forgot to wash hands thoroughly with soap after using the toilet
- Wash hands thoroughly after touching animal feces
- Clean utensils and kitchen work- surfaces well before use
- Thorough cooking kills Salmonella
- Clean and cook eggs or poultry well, before consumption.
- Avoid eating raw eggs/diary products/vegetables
- Avoid drinking raw milk
- Do not eat semi-cooked meat
- Wash hands immediately after handling poultry/meat
- Wash hands immediately after handling any reptile.
- Ensure that children wash their hands after handling poultry or a reptile
- Breast feeding helps to prevent the infection in an infant.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2020, August 20). Salmonellosis - Prevention. Medindia. Retrieved on Mar 22, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/salmonellosis_prevention.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Salmonellosis - Prevention". Medindia. Mar 22, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/salmonellosis_prevention.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Salmonellosis - Prevention". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/salmonellosis_prevention.htm. (accessed Mar 22, 2023).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Salmonellosis - Prevention. Medindia, viewed Mar 22, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/salmonellosis_prevention.htm.
Do you wish to consult a General Medicine Doctor / Internal Medicine Doctor for your problem? Ask your question
4 years experience
5 years experience
18 years experience
This website is really knowledgeable and can easily be analyzed
this is a really good cite for someone interested in studies.
really good,pls add some more facts and continue this excellent work.really like it.thanks it helped me a lot.