Treatment for Mastitis
- Mastitis should be treated early to prevent severe complications of mastitis.
- Delayed or incomplete treatment can cause breast abscess and re-infections.
- A supportive and clear guidance of treatment procedures and breast feeding procedures to be followed is to be given to the patient.
- The importance of breast feeding should be explained to the patient.
- Advice is to be given to the patient about the safety of continuing breast feeding from the affected breast, which will not harm her child.