What are the treatment procedures for treating Lactation Mastitis conditions?
- Treatment is given to facilitate recovery and to prevent complications.
- Breast feeding should not be stopped, feeding helps in proper drainage of the breast and continuing to breast feed does not cause any risk to the nursing infant.
- Treatment involves bed rest, increased fluid intake, analgesics, anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics.
Treatment for Blocked duct
- Blocked duct can be treated by removing milk stasis and avoiding obstruction to milk flow.
- White spots that appear at the end of the nipple can be removed with sterile needle or cloth.