What are the treatment procedures for treating Lactation Mastitis conditions?
- Treatment is given to facilitate recovery and to prevent complications.
- Breast feeding should not be stopped, feeding helps in proper drainage of the breast and continuing to breast feed does not cause any risk to the nursing infant.
- Treatment involves bed rest, increased fluid intake, analgesics, anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics.
Treatment for Blocked duct
- Blocked duct can be treated by removing milk stasis and avoiding obstruction to milk flow.
- White spots that appear at the end of the nipple can be removed with sterile needle or cloth.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2016, February 06). Mastitis Treatment Procedures. Medindia. Retrieved on May 16, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/mastitis_treatmentprocedures.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Mastitis Treatment Procedures". Medindia. May 16, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/mastitis_treatmentprocedures.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Mastitis Treatment Procedures". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/mastitis_treatmentprocedures.htm. (accessed May 16, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Mastitis Treatment Procedures. Medindia, viewed May 16, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/mastitis_treatmentprocedures.htm.
Do you wish to consult an Obstetricians and Gynecologists (OB/GYN) for your problem? Ask your question
3 years experience
Neo mother and child care clinic, Khurram nagar