The doctor enquires about your medical history. Various aspects including
- Previous illness
- Hereditary diseases
- Any serious diseases in childhood
- Allergies to drugs can be an important pointer for events that occur in your pregnancy and can influence the course of your present pregnancy
Other important areas that would be covered include:
- History of age at marriage
- The time interval between marriage and conceivement
- Previous abortions or stillbirths
- Any contraception that was used
- If you are pregnant for the second or the third time, then details regarding your previous pregnancies like mode of delivery (normal, caesarian), health status and age of the children, any difficulties and complications during previous pregnancies are noted down
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2020, February 24). First Trimester - General History. Medindia. Retrieved on Dec 05, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/first_trimester_history.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "First Trimester - General History". Medindia. Dec 05, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/first_trimester_history.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "First Trimester - General History". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/first_trimester_history.htm. (accessed Dec 05, 2023).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2020. First Trimester - General History. Medindia, viewed Dec 05, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/first_trimester_history.htm.
Do you wish to consult an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (OB/GYN) for your problem? Ask your question
22 years experience
Kavach Health Care Clinic, Bargawan, Lucknow
4 years experience
1 year experience
8 years experience