Symptoms of Endometrial Cancer
Never ignore vaginal bleeding or spotting in a post-menopausal women.
It is imperative to diagnose endometrial cancer in the early stages as the success rate for cure is promising in such cases.
The oft -occurring symptom for endometrial cancer is vaginal bleeding which may initially begin as a blood- stained watery flow. This could later get thicker with increased blood concentration. Broadly the symptoms can be categorized as:
- Lengthy menstruation cycle, marked by bleeding between periods
- Vaginal bleeding and spotting which increases during the years approaching menopause
- Bleeding after menopause
- White, watery and pinkish vaginal discharge
- Pain in the pelvic region during later stages of the disease
- Discomfort, pain and bleeding (in some cases ) during or after during sexual intercourse
- Loss of weight
- Lancet. 2005 Aug 6-12;366(9484):491-505. Endometrial cancer.Amant F, Moerman P, Neven P, Timmerman D, Van Limbergen E, Vergote I.
- Cancer Treatment and Care - (http://www.oncologychannel.com/endometrialcancer/treatment.shtml)
- Uterine Cancer Prognosis - (http://cancer.emedtv.com/uterine-cancer/uterine-cancer-prognosis-p2.html)