Treatment for Double Vision
Double vision can be eliminated by identifying and treating its cause. Surgery,
Treatment of Diplopia requires finding out the cause and eliminating it to relieve the patient of its symptoms.
- Surgery: In case of weak eye muscles, or if a muscle has been trapped between fractured bones as a result of injury.
- Medications: They help in cases of Myasthenia gravis.
- Surgery and/or medical therapy in cases of thyroid eye disease.
- Control of blood sugar in case of diabetes. If double vision cannot be reversed, wearing an eye patch or special contact lens or glasses helps minimize the effect of double vision.
Help in Early identification of Diabetic Retinopathy
- Ophthalmology, dermatology, ENT, By Seau-Tak Cheung
- Diagnosis and Management of Ocular Motility Disorders, By Alec M. Ansons, Helen Davis
- Binocular vision and orthoptics: investigation and management, By Sandip Doshi, Bruce J. W. Evans
- A Dictionary of Neurological Signs, By Andrew J. Larner