Synonyms: Chronic lymphoid leukemia, prolymphocytic leukemia, T-cell chronic Lymphocytic leukemia, hairy- cell leukemia.
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) is one of the four main types of cancer that affects the
CLL is a malignancy that leads to the proliferation of B-cell lymphocytes in the
Blood Cells formation in the Bone Marrow: Normally, the immature
Ten years ago, waiting and monitoring was the favorite mode of management. With the advent of new diagnostic tests and medications, there has been a significant difference in the understanding of CLL. It is now realized that CLL is unpredictable. It may become aggressive in some or may progress differently in others. There is a need, therefore, for the affected persons to be handled individually.
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia - Reference:
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2023, January 14). Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Medindia. Retrieved on Nov 30, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/chronic-lymphocytic-leukemia.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia". Medindia. Nov 30, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/chronic-lymphocytic-leukemia.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/chronic-lymphocytic-leukemia.htm. (accessed Nov 30, 2023).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2023. Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Medindia, viewed Nov 30, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/chronic-lymphocytic-leukemia.htm.
Latest Publications and Research on Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Clonal hematopoiesis in hematological disorders. - Published by PubMed
- BIRC3 mutations in chronic lymphocytic leukemia - uncommon and unfavorable. - Published by PubMed
- Tumor-stroma interaction increases CD147 expression in neoplastic B lymphocytes in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. - Published by PubMed
- CD49d promotes disease progression in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: new insights from CD49d bimodal expression. - Published by PubMed
- Myopathies presenting with head drop: Clinical spectrum and treatment outcomes. - Published by PubMed