Humans are by nature inquisitive and insatiable. They tirelessly pursue a perfect healthy body. Calcium and vitamin supplements are taken to provide the body with the ''required'' nutrients.
People want their daily doses of health through minerals & vitamins not through diet, but through a short cut, via supplements.
Various supplements are available in the market and all boast of being the best. These rooftop proclamations of "I am the best" leave the consumer confused. This is an objective effort to clear the mist over supplements and guide the consumers.
- The prevention and conquest of scurvy, beri-beri, and pellagra. - (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2696957/)
- Fat-Soluble Vitamins. - (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33549284/#affiliation-1)
- Biochemistry, Water Soluble Vitamins. - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK538510/?report=classic)
- Vitamin K Deficiency. - (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30725668/#:~:text=Vitamin%20K%20deficiency%20can%20contribute,osteoporosis%2C%20and%20increased%20cardiovascular%20disease)
- Vitamin D and calcium insufficiency-related chronic diseases: an emerging world-wide public health problem. - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2790094/)
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2022, November 01). Calcium and Vitamin Supplements. Medindia. Retrieved on Nov 26, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/calcium-vitamin.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Calcium and Vitamin Supplements". Medindia. Nov 26, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/calcium-vitamin.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Calcium and Vitamin Supplements". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/calcium-vitamin.htm. (accessed Nov 26, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Calcium and Vitamin Supplements. Medindia, viewed Nov 26, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/calcium-vitamin.htm.
Latest Publications and Research on Calcium and Vitamin Supplements
- Osteoporosis pathology in people with severe motor and intellectual disability. - Published by PubMed
- Torsade de Pointes with severe vitamin D deficiency, an unusual presentation of a common problem. - Published by PubMed
- Do Dietary Supplements and Nutraceuticals Have Effects on Dental Implant Osseointegration? A Scoping Review. - Published by PubMed
- Association of bisphosphonate therapy with incident lower extremity fractures in persons with spinal cord injuries/disorders. - Published by PubMed
- Calcium Supplement Use Is Associated With Less Bone Mineral Density Loss, But Does Not Lessen the Risk of Bone Fracture Across the Menopause Transition: Data From the Study of Women's Health Across the Nation. - Published by PubMed