Asperger's syndrome can coexist alongside other mental health conditions like Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, and Learning Disability.
Victims of Asperger's syndrome possess normal intelligence, language development and cognitive skills. Some of them are even brilliant and with the right encouragement, go on to lead successful professional and personal lives.
Signs of Asperger's syndrome include:
- Abnormal non verbal communication.
- Improper eye contact, unusual expression and gestures.
- Repetitive behaviors and movements of the body.
- Lack of empathetic communication.
- Fallout with peers, withdrawn and depressed.
- Inflexible and dogmatic.
- Confused, clumsy and anxious.
- Increased sensitivity, medically called 'Sensory Integration Dysfunction'.
- Unusual interests about unique topics like train or weather, bordering on obsession.
- 'Parenting a Child with Asperger Syndrome'- by Brenda Boyd
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Savitha.C.Muppala. (2018, December 20). Asperger's Syndrome-Signs. Medindia. Retrieved on May 20, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/aspergers-syndrome-signs.htm.
Savitha.C.Muppala. "Asperger's Syndrome-Signs". Medindia. May 20, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/aspergers-syndrome-signs.htm>.
Savitha.C.Muppala. "Asperger's Syndrome-Signs". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/aspergers-syndrome-signs.htm. (accessed May 20, 2022).
Savitha.C.Muppala. 2021. Asperger's Syndrome-Signs. Medindia, viewed May 20, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/aspergers-syndrome-signs.htm.
Do you wish to consult a Psychiatrist for your problem? Ask your question
8 years experience
Dr Shweta - Consultant Psychiatrist, Near ESI hospital
7 years experience
Athshree Speciality Clinic, Tilak road, near cake studio
+ 1 more