Drunken driving is no accident.
Alcohol and driving do not mix. Drunken drivers are responsible for many a mishap and several unnecessary deaths. Unfortunately many lives are lost day to day due to drivers who have had one too many drinks and yet think they are fit to drive.
If you have had a few drinks it is best to call for a cab or ask some one who is sober to drive you home. You may not only save your own life but also avoid risking the lives of innocent strangers.
In India the "pub city" Bangalore has the highest incidence of road accidents related to drunken driving and the maximum number of deaths occur on Saturday nights.
According to the reports from US National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism:
In the US in 1995, alcohol-related costs in areas such as crime, health-care, policing and losses in industrial productivity amounted to $167 billion dollars.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Inara Hasanali. (2019, December 19). Alcohol and Driving-Blood Alcohol Level-Indian Law-Walk Test and Breathalyzer. Medindia. Retrieved on Dec 05, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/alcohol-driving.htm.
Inara Hasanali. "Alcohol and Driving-Blood Alcohol Level-Indian Law-Walk Test and Breathalyzer". Medindia. Dec 05, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/alcohol-driving.htm>.
Inara Hasanali. "Alcohol and Driving-Blood Alcohol Level-Indian Law-Walk Test and Breathalyzer". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/alcohol-driving.htm. (accessed Dec 05, 2022).
Inara Hasanali. 2021. Alcohol and Driving-Blood Alcohol Level-Indian Law-Walk Test and Breathalyzer. Medindia, viewed Dec 05, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/alcohol-driving.htm.
Latest Publications and Research on Alcohol and Driving
- Vehicle safety features aimed at preventing alcohol-related crashes. - Published by PubMed
- Negative alcohol-related consequences experienced by young adults in the past 12 months: Differences by college attendance, living situation, binge drinking, and sex. - Published by PubMed
- Past behaviours and future intentions: An examination of perceptual deterrence and alcohol consumption upon a range of drink driving events. - Published by PubMed
- Illicit drugs are now more common than alcohol among South Australian crash-involved drivers and riders. - Published by PubMed
- Prevalence and Factors Associated with Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol in Brazil: An Analysis by Macroregion. - Published by PubMed
Do you wish to consult an Epidemiologist for your problem? Ask your question
20 years experience
K.b.bhabha Hospital,Kurla-West,Mumbai-400070, Kalyan West, Kalyan
6 years experience
15 years experience
16 years experience