A child is considered to have urinary tract infection (UTI) when the urine of the child grows bacteria during a microbiological test and the amount is significantly high (more than one lakh per ml).
During childhood 5% of girls and 2% of boys get UTI. In the new-born period more boys get UTI than girls. Among the girls half can get a second UTI within a year.
Vesico Ureteric Reflux
Latest Publications and Research on Vesico-Ureteric Reflux Causing UTI in Children
- Urologic Conditions in Infants and Children: Urinary Tract Infection and Vesicoureteral Reflux. - Published by PubMed
- Clinical characteristics and outcome of childhood vesicoureteral reflux. - Published by PubMed
- Renal scarring is the most significant predictor of breakthrough febrile urinary tract infection in patients with simplex and duplex primary vesico-ureteral reflux. - Published by PubMed
- Validation of "urinary tract dilation" classification system: Correlation between fetal hydronephrosis and postnatal urological abnormalities. - Published by PubMed
- Long-term safety and efficacy of psoas bladder hitch in infants aged <12 months with unilateral obstructive megaureter. - Published by PubMed
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2014, November 12). Urinary Infection. Medindia. Retrieved on May 21, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/paediatrics/urinary_infection.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Urinary Infection". Medindia. May 21, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/paediatrics/urinary_infection.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Urinary Infection". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/paediatrics/urinary_infection.htm. (accessed May 21, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. Urinary Infection. Medindia, viewed May 21, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/paediatrics/urinary_infection.htm.
Do you wish to consult a Pediatrician for your problem? Ask your question
10 years experience
Udaya sree, Hyderabad