This bowel is easily visible on the ultrasound scan. This is a rare problem, which occurs in around one in every 3000 births.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2014, November 04). Gastroschisis-Incidence-Surgery-Obstacle-Recovery-Long Term Problem. Medindia. Retrieved on Sep 28, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/paediatrics/gastroschisis-about.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Gastroschisis-Incidence-Surgery-Obstacle-Recovery-Long Term Problem". Medindia. Sep 28, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/paediatrics/gastroschisis-about.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Gastroschisis-Incidence-Surgery-Obstacle-Recovery-Long Term Problem". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/paediatrics/gastroschisis-about.htm. (accessed Sep 28, 2023).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2014. Gastroschisis-Incidence-Surgery-Obstacle-Recovery-Long Term Problem. Medindia, viewed Sep 28, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/paediatrics/gastroschisis-about.htm.
Latest Publications and Research on Gastroschisis
- Mother's own milk dose is associated with decreased time from initiation of feedings to discharge and length of stay in infants with gastroschisis. - Published by PubMed
- Vanishing Gastroschisis with a Favorable Outcome after a 3-Year Follow-Up: A Case Report and Literature Review. - Published by PubMed
- Presence of congenital anomalies in three dog litters. - Published by PubMed
- Does overweight before pregnancy reduce the occurrence of gastroschisis?: the Japan Environment and Children's Study. - Published by PubMed
- A systematic scoping review of clinical indications for induction of labour. - Published by PubMed
Do you wish to consult a Gastrointestinal Surgeon for your problem? Ask your question
8 years experience
14 years experience
Pune colorectal and gastro care , Kalewadi phata, Pune