Rhinoplasty / Nose Job
Want a Roman nose? Travel abroad and explore the option of having a Nose job or Rhinoplasty surgery done at affordable prices.
(Greek: Rhinos - ‘Nose’; Plassein - ‘to shape’)
Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure that is usually carried out to reshape an individual’s nose for cosmetic purposes. It can also be done to make structural changes and improve health conditions, such as breathing difficulty.
This very popular procedure can considerably enhance the appearance of an individual. The ‘Nose Job’ is usually carried out by a Plastic surgeon, a maxillofacial surgeon or an Otolaryngologist. It is important for the candidate desiring rhinoplasty to be at least 15 years old
Some of the cosmetic improvements achieved by this surgery include decreasing or increasing nose size, altering the tip of the nose, altering the nose bridge and changing the shape / size of the nostrils. It can help provide proportion to a person’s face by improving the shape of the nose.
Risks that are integral to rhinoplasty include, burst blood vessels that can cause red spots and tiny scars on the underside of the nose and, infection. It may also be necessary to repeat the surgeries to get the desired effects. It must be borne in mind that 5-20% of rhinoplasties do not have a satisfactory outcome. There may be swelling and pain for a few days after the surgery.
Revision rhinoplasty, also called ‘secondary rhinoplasty’, is carried out to enhance or correct the outcome of a previous rhinoplasty. Sometimes there may be a need for three or more surgeries, to bring about the desired effect.
It is important to be realistic about the goal of the surgery and to synchronize it with what is surgically possible. By and large, rhinoplasty is carried out successfully in most cases.
So if you plan to travel abroad for an affordable rhinoplasty surgery, we suggest that you check out the credentials of the plastic surgeon and the hospital or consult us first to help you.
Latest Publications and Research on Rhinoplasty
- Use of Nasal Implants and Dorsal Modification When Treating the East Asian Nose. - Published by PubMed
- Soft Tissue Thickness Variations of the Nose: A Radiological Study. - Published by PubMed
- Piezoelectric Ultrasound Rhinoplasty. - Published by PubMed
- Improvement in the Quality of Life of a Patient of Ectodermal Dysplasia with Reconstructive Surgeries. - Published by PubMed
- Dorsal Hump Reduction Based on the New Ethmoidal Point Classification: A Clinical and Radiological Study of the Keystone Area in 138 Patients. - Published by PubMed