"The desire to fly is an idea handed down to us by our ancestors who, in their grueling travels across trackless lands in prehistoric times, looked enviously on the birds soaring freely through space, at full speed, above all obstacles, on the infinite highway of the air." - Wilbur Wright
The aviator is correct! Probably this 'constructive envy' made the Wright brothers invent the first mechanical bird that flew the predecessor of the modern aircraft.
Air travel is the quickest means of transportation- and today, with airlines targeting the 'common man' by reducing airfares, it certainly is an exciting and attractive travel prospect.
Nevertheless, a word of caution! It is no flight of fancy that illness or medical conditions may be exacerbated during flights. So, before you book your flight tickets, review the compatibility of your (or companion's) health with
Here's an overview of some aviation- related medical conditions and advice for commercial air travelers. Always consult your physician if you have a health condition and want to fly. Be sure to carry all required medication and other accessories to help you enjoy a pleasant flight.
- Medical Advice for Commercial Air Travelers - (http://www.aafp.org/afp/990901ap/801.html)
- Health and Travel Tips - (http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/onboard/healthtips.html)
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Asha Sampath. (2014, June 20). Air travel: To fly or not to fly: Heart Disease - DVT - Pregnancy - Diabetes - Ear Aches. Medindia. Retrieved on Dec 01, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/medical_tourism/air-travel.htm.
Asha Sampath. "Air travel: To fly or not to fly: Heart Disease - DVT - Pregnancy - Diabetes - Ear Aches". Medindia. Dec 01, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/medical_tourism/air-travel.htm>.
Asha Sampath. "Air travel: To fly or not to fly: Heart Disease - DVT - Pregnancy - Diabetes - Ear Aches". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/medical_tourism/air-travel.htm. (accessed Dec 01, 2023).
Asha Sampath. 2014. Air travel: To fly or not to fly: Heart Disease - DVT - Pregnancy - Diabetes - Ear Aches. Medindia, viewed Dec 01, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/medical_tourism/air-travel.htm.
Latest Publications and Research on Air travel: To fly or not to fly
- Bioleaching for resource recovery from low-grade wastes like fly and bottom ashes from municipal incinerators: A SWOT analysis. - Published by PubMed
- The presence, emission and partitioning behavior of polychlorinated biphenyls in waste, leachate and aerosols from Norwegian waste-handling facilities. - Published by PubMed
- Production of biosilica nanoparticles from biomass power plant fly ash. - Published by PubMed
- Physicochemical structure of chitin in the developing stages of black soldier fly. - Published by PubMed
- Molecular identification of blood meal sources in black flies (Diptera: Simuliidae) suspected as Leucocytozoon vectors. - Published by PubMed
Do you wish to consult a General Medicine Doctor / Internal Medicine Doctor for your problem? Ask your question
2 years experience
13 years experience
3 years experience
Skynn Care, New Delhi
1 year experience