Medical Tourism has become a serious enterprise in India over the last two years. However some hospitals have been practicing it for quite a few years.
Regular patient inflow from neighboring Indian countries like Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh and sometimes Malaysia has been happening for over a decade. These are some real case histories. The names and circumstances of the patients have been changed to protect their confidentiality.
There are quite a few examples of Indian patients who have had a liver transplant abroad and are living with an English or American Liver. There are few examples of Kidney failure patient living with an Englishmans Kidney. In fact the longest living kidney transplant patient in India had his transplant in London way back in 1970s. Here is an example of a Canadian Lady living with an Indian Kidney.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2014, September 08). Medical Tourism The Road Ahead. Medindia. Retrieved on May 27, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/medical_tourism/medical_tourism_india_road_head.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Medical Tourism The Road Ahead". Medindia. May 27, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/medical_tourism/medical_tourism_india_road_head.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "Medical Tourism The Road Ahead". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/medical_tourism/medical_tourism_india_road_head.htm. (accessed May 27, 2023).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2014. Medical Tourism The Road Ahead. Medindia, viewed May 27, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/medical_tourism/medical_tourism_india_road_head.htm.
Latest Publications and Research on Medical Tourism-The Road Ahead
- Association between trail use and self-rated wellness and health. - Published by PubMed
- Effectiveness of Bone Conduction Stimulation Applied Directly to the Otic Capsule Measured at Promontory: Assessment in Cadavers. - Published by PubMed
- Effect of the recent economic crisis on socioeconomic inequalities in mortality in nine urban areas in Europe. - Published by PubMed
- Return to Sports after Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury: a Matched-Pair Analysis of Repair with Internal Brace and Reconstruction Using Hamstring or Quadriceps Tendons. - Published by PubMed
- Improving Medical Tourism Services through Human Behaviour and Cultural Competence. - Published by PubMed
Medical Tourism is a very serious business.You are dealing with human lives it is not a money making body-shipping business.It should be more patient centric and the concern should be more on the overall wellbeing of the patient. We too are a part of Medical Tourism and we believe in this ideology.Dont try to make money out of a sick person try to help him instead!
we also want to join this noble cause and start this activity in ahmedabad, gujarat. Can you guide us for this ? what local state permission required and short of stuff?
This is extremely important topic; for any country. Quality and affordability of health care have great demand in USA. You are welcome to advertise Medical Tourism on our website: Some companies placed their ads here. The site is devoted to medical and medical related business transactions in USA. We accept articles submission as additional free advertising.