Walking can do wonders; find what the walking benefits for health are:
- Walking for heart health: If you donít want to run then better walk. Walking helps reduce the risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes to a large extent. Moderate intensity walk is considered as good as running in terms of protecting against heart problems like coronary heart disease and heart stroke. This form of mild exercise makes the heart to pump more blood regulating blood flow and making it healthier. People who walked for 30 minutes Daily Can Control Irregular Heartbeat in Obese People a day were considered healthier and had less chances of developing heart diseases than those who had a sedentary lifestyle.
- Exercise helps your brain: How to improve your brain power is a question of demand among older people who suffer aging issues and depleting mental health. To them walking could be the answer. Walking is found to enhance mental activities and improve cognitive functions of the body. A study on people with mild cognitive impairment found that people who did light exercises like walking and practiced certain brain improvement games were found to improve their cognitive abilities and less likely developed Alzheimerís. Also persons involved in brain training games regularly and did brisk walking for about 150 minutes per week were found to improve their clinical dementia ratings. Walking helps depression, improves quality of life and overall mental health.
- Walking reduces risk of osteoporosis: Today most women suffer from low bone calcium density and osteoporosis. Walking helps in reducing osteoporosis symptoms by making bones much stronger and healthier. It can help in restoring the bone and muscular movement thus relieving pain. Women who regularly walk are less likely to develop osteoporosis in the later age and are more physically active at old age too.
- Maintain body weight: Walking helps in maintaining body weight and control obesity. Regular brisk walk for 20-30 minutes is good exercise to reduce weight and keep your body in shape. If you are unable to do any other exercise or do not want to follow any weight loss diet then walking daily can solve your increased weight issues considerably.
- Walking keeps cancer away: Walking reduce the risk of developing breast and colon cancer. Regular walking ensures proper bowel movement that keeps the gut healthy and thus reduces the risk of developing colon cancer. Also it reduces the chances of breast cancer as the body immunity and antioxidant flow is enhanced by physical activity that eradicates the carcinogenic elements from the body.
Walk Towards a Healthier You!
- Walk, whenever you get a chance.
- Do a little floor mopping, dance or take the staircase instead of elevators as a substitute to walking.
- Go for a trek on weekend or plan a camping picnic.
- Girls, go out and window shop in the mall! This will keep your spirits as well as your health happy.
- Take a walk on the beach.
- Working out on a treadmill can also prove beneficial.
- Make a walking group and start walking every day.
Make walking your regular exercise regime and help your heart and brain.
Latest Publications and Research on Who Else Wants to Know How Walking Helps Heart and Brain?Transforaminal endoscopic excision of intradural lumbar disc herniation and dural repair: A case report. - Published by PubMed
Effects of a multidisciplinary disease management programme with or without exercise training for heart failure patients: Secondary analysis of a randomized controlled trial. - Published by PubMed
Neighborhood walkability and physical activity among older women: Tests of mediation by perceptions and moderation by depressive symptoms. - Published by PubMed
The Effects of Movement-to-Music (M2M) and Adapted Yoga on Physical and Psychosocial Outcomes in People with Multiple Sclerosis. - Published by PubMed
Four-meter Gait Speed: Normative Values and Reliability Determined for Adults Participating in the NIH Toolbox Study. - Published by PubMed