All parents want to provide their infants with the best possible start in life. It is true that babies who are fed nutritious, healthy diets grow into strong kids and those who are malnourished remain physically and mentally deficient in their later lives. Although, commercial baby foods are an option worth exploring, the healthiest baby foods are the ones that parents make at home. The result is fresh, tasty, nutritious and delightful food that infants love.
Baby food can be defined as any food other than breast milk fed to infants between the ages of 6 months and 2 years. It can be a variation between an over-the-counter preparation and food made at home. Baby foods mostly have the consistency of a thick puree: an easily chewable semi-solid paste.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Sherley Pothen. (2018, November 20). Baby Food - Basics. Medindia. Retrieved on Mar 22, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/the-basics-of-baby-food.htm.
Sherley Pothen. "Baby Food - Basics". Medindia. Mar 22, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/the-basics-of-baby-food.htm>.
Sherley Pothen. "Baby Food - Basics". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/the-basics-of-baby-food.htm. (accessed Mar 22, 2023).
Sherley Pothen. 2021. Baby Food - Basics. Medindia, viewed Mar 22, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/the-basics-of-baby-food.htm.
Latest Publications and Research on Baby Food - Basics
- Are Lifestyle Interventions to Reduce Excessive Gestational Weight Gain Cost Effective? A Systematic Review. - Published by PubMed
- Different measures of dietary diversity during infancy and the association with childhood food allergy in a UK birth cohort study. - Published by PubMed
- Associations of maternal diet and placenta leptin methylation. - Published by PubMed
- 'That's the Esketamine, Baby, there's Nothing You Can Do about It!' An Update on Glutamatergic System in Suicidal Depression. - Published by PubMed
- Diet-Induced Flavor Changes in Human Milk: Update and Perspectives. - Published by PubMed
Request an Appointment with a Doctor (Nutrition Expert)
9 years experience
30 years experience
Pro Health Diet Clinic, Sector 37-C, Chandigarh
2 years experience
Aarogyam Fitness, Kadugodi,Whitefield, Bengaluru Urban